Skip to main content
myVisit app

Download the myVisit app

Learn about the new virtual check-in app that will save you time in line at the Office of the Registrar.

Learn more
We Want To Hear From You

We want to hear from you!

Have an idea that will make our website better? Let us know!

Contact us

Office of the Registrar

Top Questions

  • How do I pay tuition? What if I receive OSAP?

    Find out acceptable methods of payment for tuition.

    If you are receiving enough OSAP funding to cover your tuition, an OSAP deferment will be placed on your account. An OSAP deferment will prevent any holds and late fees on your account until your enrolment has been confirmed and the funding sent to the university. It is your responsibility to check your tuition account and make sure that your OSAP funding has been received, and that fees have been paid in full for the semester.

  • How do I know if I have a deferment or if I'm eligible for one?

    You can check your account detail by term on MyCampus to see what your fall tuition fees are. Then, check your OSAP account to see the amount of OSAP funding set to be distributed for the fall semester. If your OSAP funding is greater than your tuition, and you have submitted all required supporting documents, you do not need to take any further action—we will place a deferment on your account for you. If you have less OSAP funding than tuition, you will need to pay the difference by the payment deadline.

  • Can I opt out of any fees?

    All of the mandatory ancillary fees are approved by both the Board of Governors and the UOIT Student Union. Students agree to pay these fees in a disclosure they must read and accept prior to registering for classes.

    You can opt out of a portion of the health and dental insurance—the deadline to do so is Friday, September 21. Learn how to opt out.

  • Why hasn't my OSAP been confirmed yet?

    Confirmation of enrolment will begin no sooner than 10 days before the start of classes for the upcoming semester. Your enrolment will be confirmed automatically as long as you meet the following criteria:

    • All required supporting documentation in your OSAP account has been submitted and approved.
    • Your program, course load and year of study indicated on your OSAP application match your school file.

    Once your enrolment has been confirmed, it typically takes 5 to 10 working days for your funding to be released.

  • How can I apply for a bursary?

    The bursary application is found on MyCampus under the Awards and Financial Aid tab. Award applications for the upcoming academic year will be posted on MyCampus in August. In the meantime, check out the Student Awards and Financial Aid website for information and criteria for awards that will become available.

  • How can I get a verification of enrolment letter?

    If you need a verification of enrolment letter for RESP purposes, banking institutions, study permits, etc., you can print one from MyCampus, under the Undergraduate tab. Look for the verification of enrolment letter link on the right-hand sidebar under Student Records. You may use these letters in place of the forms that require our stamp and signature, as they are considered official for this purpose.

    Note: You must first be registered in fall and winter classes for the letters to generate. Verification of enrolment letters cannot be provided prior to course registration.

  • I am a new student—how do I access my UOITnet email and Blackboard accounts?

    Follow the instructions on MyCampus, under the UOIT Undergraduate tab, to log in to your UOITnet and Blackboard accounts for the first time. The links to access these accounts are located in the top right-hand corner of your MyCampus account.

  • Where do I pick up my student card?

    Once you have registered for classes, you can get your student ID card from Campus ID Services. From Monday, August 20 to Friday, September 14, Campus ID Services will be serving students in G213. You are required to bring one piece of valid government-issued photo ID and proof of registration (e.g. your timetable). If you are a returning student, you must bring your previous student ID card in order to pick up your new one.

  • How do I know if I am in a laptop program or if I need to buy my own?

    The university has two models for students, depending on faculty: Full TELE and Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) TELE. Visit the IT Services website for more information on which model you are a part of, and your next steps.

  • How can I book a financial aid appointment?

    You can request an appointment by calling our office at 905.721.3190.